ScanExpress Update 8.4 out now
The new software update (V8.4) features a new ScanExpress TPG Cluster Wizard for logic cluster test creation, support for dynamic JTAG controller GPIO control in ScanExpress Debugger, multiple user interface enhancements for ScanExpress Viewer, four new design-for-testability (DFT) reports, support for three new processors for ScanExpress JET, plus numerous improvements spanning the complete suite of ScanExpress software applications.
Important software improvements include:
- Integrated Cluster Wizard user interface to assist in the creation of tests for non-boundary-scan devices. The Cluster Wizard provides an easy-to-use interface for selecting the participating signals and then defining test vectors, all within the ScanExpress TPG Preparation phase test development flow.
- Support for dynamically driving and sensing the general purpose input/output (GPIO) signals on Corelis USB-1149.1/1E and USB-1149.1/4E JTAG controllers using the main ScanExpress Debugger graphical interface.
- ScanExpress Viewer usability enhancements including the ability to display both sides of a PCB simultaneously, support for merged device names, on-the-fly vertical and horizontal mirroring, improved zoom controls, and much more.
- Four new ScanExpress DFT Analyzer reports to aid in evaluating boundary-scan test coverage: Partially Tested Nets, Partially Tested Nets and Pins, Complete Tested Nets, and Complete Tested Nets and Pins.
- New ScanExpress JET CPU packages for NXP (now Qualcomm) processors including QorIQ T2, i.MX6, and MPC56xx families.
- Many more enhancements, improvements, and updates across all software applications.
Existing Corelis customers with a valid maintenance contract can now access the new software version 8.4 through the Corelis support website. To inquire about a maintenance package or to obtain a full list of improvements, please contact us.